Center of Excellence in Electrical Power Technology (CEPT) has been established in the Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University since November 1995 according to the agreement between Chulalongkorn University and Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT). Initially for the first five-year plan (1996-2000), CEPT is operated under the full financial support from EGAT whereas the Faculty of Engineering provided the facilities for operation and management.
Promoting the Department of Electrical Engineering to increase the number and quality of personnel in the field of electrical engineering. Providing and serving as a center of excellence for research and development, including academic services and technology transfer to society.
The main objectives of CEPT are
1) To promote the increase of producing electrical power personnel with better quality in larger numbers.
2) To be as a center for developing knowledge and technology, including "know how" in the field of electrical power engineering.
3) To be a center serving a modern electrical power laboratory with the environment of research and development for students and faculty members.
4) To provide the technical services in the form of technical consultancy, analyzing, solving problems including organizing seminars, lectures, workshops, and training in the field of electrical power technology.
5) To serve as a training center to produce the electrical engineering experts.
6) To be a center of excellence in gathering experts and exchanging information in electrical power technology.